Internal Quality Assurance Cell
In accordance with the NAAC guidelines, the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established in 2009 to initiate, monitor, evaluate and report on relevant measures to upgrade the quality of teaching, learning, and evaluation and research initiatives in the campus.
The Primary Aim of IQAC is
- • To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- • To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through the internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The functions of IQAC are
- • Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- • Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- • Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- • Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- • Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- • Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- • Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- • Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality.
- • Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate/contribute:
- • Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- • Ensure internalization of the quality culture
- • Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices
- • Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- • Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs
- • Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
Minutes of Meeting
For more information about College IQAC, please contact :
Prof. Dr. B. Thiagarajan, IQAC Co-ordinator
Indra Ganesan College of Engineering
Phone : +91 431 290 6262 / 85086 88844
Fax : +91 431 2704527
Email : email@example.com