Master of Business Administration
The Department of Management studies was started in the year 2009 with intake of 60 students per year. The various features of the department are given below:
The department has Data Analysis and Business Modeling InternetLab with high quality equipment’s.
The faculty members in the department are qualified as per the norms of the affiliating Anna University, Chennai and approving authority All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. The number and the cadre ratio of faculty members are maintained as per the norms. Two doctorates are available in the department and hence performing well.
The Department of Management Studies is granted Permanent Affiliation by Anna University on 11.01.2020. This recognition is given for its consistent admission intake requirements and ‘NIL’ deficiency report in the last three consecutive inspection conducted by the University.
English Proficiency Training:
Apart from the curriculum courses we offer Technical English, Communicative English, Interpersonal skills, Advanced Reading, listening and writing, and Communication skills,a separate training session in the name of “English Communication Skills (ECS)” is conducted for all the I year students
From I-year onwards, the following technical trainings will be imparted to students with the experts in the industry to be well versed in the subject learnt
- Accounting Packages.
- Certificate Courses on Financial Market.
Value Added Course:
From I semester onwards, some of thevalue added courses would be taught to the students to be more employable.
- Payroll process
- Entrepreneurship development
- Digital Marketing
- E Business
- Talent Management
- Asset Liability Management
- Business Communication and
- Right Attitude
From II semester onwards, students are encouraged to go on In-Plant Training (IPT) during their semester holidays in the following industries for the better understanding of their subjects and to understand the industrial scenario.
- Dalmia Bharat Cement.
- PLA TVS Trichy.
From I semester onwards, students would be taken to the following industries as Industrial Visit to enhance their knowledge in their subjects and to learn the industrial scenario.
- Sea Blue shipyard Private Limited, Cochin.
- Doddabetta Tea Factory, Ooty.
- Kanam Latex Industries Pvt, Ltd, Nagarcoil.
From the III semester, all the students will be given placement training by the expert in the industry. The students will be trained in the following areas:
- Group Discussion
- Personal interview
- English proficiency
- Communicative skill
At the end of the III semester and in the beginning of the IVsemester, leading industries are invited for campus recruitment process. This is apart from the pooled and off-campus placement drive conducted elsewhere. The various companies who have recruited our students so far are:
- Axis Banks.
- HDFC Banks.
- Emphasis India Pvt, Ltd.
- SreeJayanathan Chits.
- TVS Motors.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is signed with the following industries and Institution for continuous and consistent improvement and enhancement in all areas.
- National Institute of Technology, Trichy under SIEMENS Centre of Excellence in Manufacturing
- SASTRA University under AICTE’s Margadarshan Scheme
Dr. B. Thiagarajan
- “Statistical Profile and Analysis of the Foreign Investment in India”-published in International Journal of “Global Financial Crisis It’s Impact on Indian Economy” (pages 312 -317) 2009
- “Textile Buying Practices of consumers in Tiruchirappalli Town – A case study”- published in International Journal of “Asian Business Management” (Pages 473 to 484) 2009
- “Employee Engagement practices in Indian BPO Industries – An Empirical Investigation” Pg 134 to 140 – published in IJCRB Vol-2, No.10, February 2011.
- “An Empirical Study on Organizational Citizenship Behaviour in Private Sector Banks in Tamilnadu” Pg 197 to 203 – published in IJCRB Vol-4, No.1, May 2012.
- “An Empirical Study on Organizational Citizenship Behaviour on Knowledge Sharing in Private Sector Banks ” – Pg 77 to 81- published in IJITKM Vol-6,No.1 December 2012.
- “A Study on Employee Attitude towards Organizational Development”published in IJAEMA ISSN NO: 0886-9367.
- Presented a paper entitled “Investor Awareness” in National level conference on “Recent trends in Indian capital market” conducted by the Department of Business Administration and Commerce, Pavendar Bharathidasan College of Arts & Science from 18thand 19th February, 2008.
- Presented a paper entitled “Innovative practices in HRM” in National level conference on “Trends in current Management Practice” conducted by the Department of Business Administration, Pavendar Bharathidasan College of Engineering and Tech, Trichy- 2009.
- Presented a paper entitled “Corporate social responsibility Marketing for the Business Recession time-Period” in National level conference on “Recent trends in Indian capital market” conducted by the Department of Business Administration, AnnaiMathammal Sheela Engineering college, Namakkal – 2009
- Presented a paper entitled “Impact of LPG in Indian present scenario” in International seminar on “Impact of Globalization in women” conducted by the Department of Business Administration, AnnaiMathammal Sheela Engineering college, Namakkal – 2009
- Presented a paper entitled “Need for Innovative HRM practices” in National Conference on “Human Resource management in Tourism development” conducted by Aadhavan College of Arts of Science, Manapparai – December 2010
- Participated in National Conference on “Trends and Research in Management (TRIM-2011), Oxford Engineering College, Trichy, January 2011
- Presented a paper entitled “The management and decision making techniques for young managers” in workshop on “Recent trends in Indian capital market” conducted by the Department of Management studies, Pavendar Bharathidasan College Engg and Tech, February, 2011.
- Presented a paper entitled “Challenges before the Indian Banking Sector” in International Conference on “Challenges of Indian Business in Global Economy” conducted by the Department of Business Administration, AnnaiMathammal Sheela Engineering college, Namakkal September 2011.
- Presented a paper titled “OrganizationalCitizenship Behaviour in Banking Sectors” in an International Conference on “Impact of Global Crisis in Indian Business” conducted by Department of Management Studies, AnnaiMathammal Sheela Engineering College, Namakkal during September 2012.
FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES ATTENDED:
- Quality Assurance in Textiles – Organised by Periyar Centenary Polytechinc college – 2008.
- Leadership skills development in the present Global scenario – Organized by Intel Management centre – 2009.
- Marketing for Non-Marketable Managers – Organized by J.J college of Engineering and Technology – 2009.
- Life Time Member in Indian Society of Technical EducationISTE (No:LMB1792)
Mr. S. Prasanna
- Presented a paper in National Level Conference on “Marketing Opportunities and Challenges in Emerging Markets in the New Millennium” Conducted by Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan College of Arts & Science for Women, Perambalur, on 24th September, 2009.
- Presented a paper titled “Human Resource Audit and Accounting”- An Innovative HRM Practices in 21st Century in National Level Conference conducted by Department of Management Studies, PeriyarManiyammai University, with the assistance of Indian Council of Social Science Research on 12th August, 2011. (ISBN: 978-93-81361-45-0)
- Presented a paper in National conference on Management of Resources- Issues & Challenges titled “Work Life Balance among women employees in IT sector” organized by Adaikalamatha Institute of Management, on 28th January, 2011.
- Presented a paper in National Level Conference on “ Keynote”- “A study on safety measures provided for the workers in Kansai Nerolac Paints” conducted by CARE School of Business Management, Trichy, on 10th February, 2012.
- Presented a paper in AICTE sponsored seminar on Women Entrepreneurs- Issues & Challenges, titled “Emerging challenges of women entrepreneurs” organized by Adaikalamatha Institute of Management, on 20th & 21st January, 2012.
- Presented a paper titled “A study on the Tourism management issues and challenges in Tamilnadu” in International Conference ENCORE 2015 organized by AMET University, on 11th February, 2015
- Presented a paper in National Conference on “Trends in Engineering Applications and management” titled – A Study on Ethical Implications in different business - Functional Applications Organized by Velalar College of Engineering & Technology, Erode held on 9th & 10th March 2017.
- Presented a paper in National Conference on “Trends in Engineering Applications and management” titled – Demonetization In India: Boon or Bane Organized by Velalar College of Engineering & Technology, Erode held on 9th & 10th March 2017.
- Presented a paper in National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Finance, Human Resource, Marketing and Entrepreneurship (NCFHME’18)” title – “Literature Review on influence of Social Networking Sites” Organized by M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering (Autonomous), Karur held on 16th March 2018.
- Presented a paper in UGC Sponsored National seminar entitled “A Conceptual Study on Essentialities of Techno-Agri Practices for Economic Development” at AVVM Sripushpam College, Tanjore on 16th & 17th March 2018.
- Presented in International Conference on “Innovative Management Strategies for Emerging Business Paradigms” organized by Adaikalamatha Institute of Management, on 28th January, 2012.
- Presented a paper on “Contemporary roles and opportunities of ICT’s in Women Empowerment: A Critical Analysis” in Vivekananda Institute of Information and Management Studies, Tiruchengode, on 3rd & 4th March 2017.
- Presented a paper on “Progressive Opportunities and Confronted challenges of E-Commerce in India – A Critical Review” in Vivekananda Institute of Information and Management Studies, Tiruchengode, on 3rd & 4th March 2017.
- Presented a paper on “A Perennial managerial challenge on Employee engagement” Kalaignar Karunanidhi Institute of Technology, Coimbatore on 2nd & 3rd March 2017.
- Presented a paper on “Paradigm Shift towards Digitalization in Today’s Business era using Ladder model” held at Kalaignar Karunanidhi Institute of Technology (KIT), Coimbatore on 2nd & 3rd March 2017.
FDP/WORKSHOP ATTENDED/ ORGANISED:
- Participated two days FDP on “Research Methods using SPSS” at Hallmark Business School, Trichy during 7th & 8th Jan. 2011.
- Attended training from 09th – 12th Dec. 2012 and Certified as ‘SEBI FINANCIAL EDUCATION TRAINER’ to widespread financial awareness to various target groups.
- Participated in International workshop on “Effective Teaching of Finance”, jointly organized by Department of Commerce and Financial Studies, Bharathidasan University, Shrimathi Indira Gandhi College, Trichy and SMART Journal of Business Management Studies on 19th May, 2012.
- Participated two days FDP on “Work life integration & best practices” at Johnson School of Business during 15th – 16th Dec, 2016.
- Attended training on ‘Leadership Development’ at Breakthrough, Hosur from 29th – 30th Sep 2016.
- Attended ICSSR Sponsored Two days Workshop on “Social science Research: Issues and Concerns” Organized by Government Arts College, Karur held on 16th &17th Feb. 2017.
- Attended ICSSR Sponsored Three days Workshop on “Research Methodology in Social Sciences” Organized by Anna University, Trichy during 22-24th Mar.2017.
- Participated Thirteen days FDP on “Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Incubation” organized by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)- Technology Business Incubator, Vellore from 22nd May-3rd June 2017.
- Participated three days IEDP (Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Programme) at Kumaraguru College of Technology (KCT), Coimbatore from 25th July - 27th July 2017.
- Organising periodical DST NIMAT sponsored diverse range of Entrepreneurship Awareness Development Programme for technopreneurs.
- Participated two days FDP on “Publishing in Premier Journals” at Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore from 7th & 8th Dec 2017.
- Attended One day FDP entitled “Professional Ethics and Teachers” at M.Kumarasamy College of Engineering (Autonomous), Karur on 27th Jan. 2017.
- Attended one day workshop on “Data Analytics Using Pivot Table and Power Query” at Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathy on 18th Sep.2018.
- Acted as a resource person for FDP on “Art of Writing Research Articles” at M. Kumarasamy College of Engineering, Karur on 28th July 2018.
- Attended one day workshop on MHRD Sponsored Dissemination workshop entitled “ARIIA, SIH, IIC, AICTE Initiatives” held at SRM TRP Engineering College, Trichy on 09th Jan.2019.
- Published article in International Journal of Applied Management Research (IJAMR) entitled “Coping pattern of Stress among nurses in select private hospitals in Trichy”. (ISSN No: 0974-8709) (Volume 5, September 2013, Special issue)
- Published article in International Journal of Latest Engineering Research & Publications (IJLERA) entitled “A Critical Study on Quality of Work Life among Faculty Members of Higher Educational Institutions in Private Engineering Colleges” Vol.02, Issue 04, April 2017.
- Published article entitled “An Adoption of Green Marketing Practices in The Organizations and Society - A Critical Analysis” in Golden Research Thoughts (IMRJ) (ISSN: 2231-5063), December 2016.
- Published paper entitled “Environment Sustainability – A Myth or Reality” in Indian Journal of Applied Research (IJAR) (ISSN - 2249- 555X), March 2017.
- Published paper titled “Effectiveness of Information & Communication Technology: A Study With Reference to Selected Deemed Universities in Tamilnadu” in The Online Journal of Distance Education & e-learning” (Annexure-I), April 2017, Volume-5, Issue-2.
- Published paper titled “Understanding the role of NIRF in selection of Higher Educational Institutions- A critical analysis” in International Journal of Research in Management & Social Science (IJRMSS), (ISSN: 2322-0899), Issue 2 (1): April- June 2017, Page No.26-29.
- Published paper “A Conceptual Study on Awareness of Online Payment System among Rural Merchants” in International Journal of Emerging Trends in Science and Technology (IJETST) (ISSN-2349-7866), Volume-3, Issue-1, June 2017.
- Published paper “Literature Review on influence of Social Networking Sites” in International Journal of Research Review in Engineering and Management (IJRREM), Volume-2, Issue-3, March 2018.PP-80-96.Impact factor: 2.9463.
- Published paper “ A Conceptual Study on Benefits of Electronic Payment System During Demonetisation” in International Journal of Emerging Trends in Science and Technology (IJETST) Volume V, Issue-I, June 2019; pp-13-16.
- Published paper “A Study on Employee Attitude Towards Organisation Development” in The International Journal of Analytical and Experimental Modal Analysis (IJAEMA), (UGC CARE Approved Group II Journal) Volume XII, Issue II, February 2020.
- International Society for Research and Development (ISRD) (ID No: M4150902598)
- NPTEL - “Consumer Behaviour” course with “ELITE”.