Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) was started in the year 2008. The department offers one Under Graduate programme; B.E-ECE with intake of 60 students and one Post Graduate programme, M.E VLSI Design with intake of 18. The various features of the department are given below:
Vision of the department
- To emerge as a centre of excellence in providing quality education.
- To produce technically competent Electronics and Communication Engineers to meet the needs of the industry and society.
Mission of the department
- To provide best facilities infra structure and environment to the students.
- To provide quality education through effective teaching and learning process for their future career via placement and higher education.
- To expose strong insight in the core domains with industry interaction.
- To prepare graduates according to the challenging demands of society
- To encourage research activities among students and faculty members
- Exclusive Computer Laboratory for ECE students with 35 computers and required software tools such as Matlab, MASM, OPNET, Xilinx, ORCAD,VHDL etc.
The department has the following labs with high quality equipments:
- Engineering Practices lab
- Electronics lab
- Linear Integrated Circuits lab
- Microprocessor lab
- Digital lab
- Communication systems lab
- Optical and Microwave Communication lab
- Digital Signal Processing lab
- VLSI Design lab
- Embedded Systems lab
- Computer Networks lab
M.E. VLSI Design Lab
- Twenty five computers with Latest configuration and required software tools such as Xilinix, Tanner EDA
- Latest VLSI Kits and required interfaces
The faculty members in the department are qualified as per the norms of the affiliating Anna University, Chennai and approving authority All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. The number and the cadre ratio of faculty members are maintained as per the norms. Two doctorates are available in the department and hence performing well.
The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering is granted Permanent Affiliation by Anna University on 11.01.2020. This recognition is given for its consistent admission intake requirements and ‘NIL’ deficiency report in the last three consecutive inspection conducted by the University.
The department is recognized to be in the status under section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956 on 19-02-2020. This recognition is given for the fulfillment of certain norms of UGC. On possession of the 2(f) recognition, the department is eligible to apply and get grants from UGC for performing the given or proposed projects.
English Proficiency Training:
Apart from the curriculum courses such as Technical English, Communicative English, Interpersonal skills, Advanced Reading, listening and writing, and Communication skills, a separate training session in the name “English Communication Skills (ECS)” is conducted for all the I year students.
From II-year onwards, the following technical trainings will be imparted to students with the experts in the industry to be well versed in the subject learnt
- PCB design
- Embedded System Design using Arduino Uno and Rasberry Pi
- Matlab Training on additional toolboxes such as Fuzzy Logic and Neural Networks
Value Added Course:
The department conducts Value Added Courses on various topics related to ECE stream regularly every semester in collaboration with industries.
From III semester onwards, students are encouraged to go on In-Plant Training (IPT) during their semester holidays in the following industries for the better understanding of their subjects and to understand the industrial scenario.
- BSNL, Trichy
- Galwin Technology, Trichy
- Hitakey Infosys Pvt Ltd, Trichy
- Pantech Pvt Ltd, Trichy
From III semester onwards, students will be taken to the following industries as Industrial Visit to enhance their knowledge in their subjects and to learn the industrial scenario.
- KELTRON, Trivanadrum
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) -Trivandrum & Bangalore
- Doordharshan - Madurai, Kodaikkanal, Chennai
During the VII semester, all the students will be given placement training by the expert in the industry. The students will be trained in the following areas:
- Test of reasoning
- Group Discussion
- Personal interview
- English proficiency
- Communicative skill
At the end of the VII semester and in the beginning of the VIII semester, leading industries are invited for campus recruitment process. This is apart from the pooled and off-campus placement drive conducted elsewhere. The various companies who have recruited our students so far re:
- Sutherland, Chennai
- ILM, Bangalore
- Foxconn Technology India Private Limited, Chennai
- Syrma Technology Pvt Ltd, Chennai
- Just Dial, Chennai
- Thiranz Tech Solutions, Trichy
- V-Dart Technologies Pvt Ltd, Trichy
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU):
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is signed with the following industries and Institution for continuous and consistent improvement and enhancement in all areas.
- National Institute of Technology, Trichy under SIEMENS Centre of Excellence in Manufacturing
- SASTRA University under AICTE’s Margadarshan Scheme
- Learning Centre
- Pantech Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Chennai
Students are always encouraged to develop their talents in various cultural activities like singing, dance, mime, mimicry, music, photography etc. Cultural event in the name “IGNITE” is being conducted every year to showcase their talents. They are also encouraged to participate in various contests conducted elsewhere like colleges, media etc.
Equal importance is given to sports and games as like curricular and co-curricular activities. Students are allowed to practice their games from 4.00 pm onwards on daily basis. Out door games such as Cricket, Foot ball, Hockey, badminton, Volley Ball, kabaddi, Kho-kho and athletic events like running, long jump, Javelin throw, Shot put and in door games such as Carom board, chess are practiced by our students.
The department has established its own research centre in a separate place. The research publications of the faculty members and students are compiled and placed in this research centre. There are two Personal Computers with high speed Internet Connection and all latest softwares such as Python with Deep Learning Library (Tensoflow, PyTorch), Matlab with Image Processing, Communication tool boxes , Tanner EDA, CST Microwave studio etc. The following remarkable projects have been completed by the students and faculty members
- A software tool for “Computer Aided Diagnosis of Breast cancer” has been developed by Dr. N. Vaijayanthi. For this purpose the mammogram images have been collected from Government Hospital, Trichy. Dr. V. Senthilvel Murugan, HOD , Department of Radiology, KAPV Government Medical Hospital has validated the results.
- The research work titled “Certain investigations on Modulation classification and Power allocation for OFDM based Cognitive Radio Network” has been completed by Prof. M. Bhuvaneswari, and waiting for Ph.D. Viva Voce Examination.
- The project titled “Smart System for Crop Protection and Animal Diversion in Irrigation Field” is on going.
- A Proposal to organize an” International Conference on Role of AI and ICT for Sustainable Development Goals” has been submitted for Grant to Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
- A Project Proposal titled “Rapid Diagnostic tool for COVID-19 in Chest CT Images based on Deep Learning” has been submitted to Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB).
Dr. N. Vaijayanthi
- Feature extraction based on empirical mode decomposition for automatic mass classification of mammogram images, Journal: Elsevier- Medicine in Novel Technologyand Devices , Vol:1 (100004), 2019: 1-14.
- 2). Automatic Detection of Masses in Mammograms Using Bi-Dimensional Empirical Mode Decomposition Journal of Medical Imaging and Health Informatics Vol:1 (7) 2018: 1326-1341. Listed in SCIE
- Noise Reduction in ECG signal based on Ensemble Empirical Mode Decomposition (EEMD) and Discrete Wavelet Transform, IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Vol:1 (8) 2017: 63-68.
- Hardware Implementation of ECG Qrs Complex Detection Using FPGA”, IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering, IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Apr 10, 2016, p-ISSN: 2278-8727, pp. 20-28.
- Feature extraction of digital mammogram based on multidimensional complete ensemble empirical mode decomposition with adaptive noise, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology, Vol. 7 (1), 2016: 404-409.
- Decomposition of Mammogram Images Based On Bi-Dimensional Complete Ensemble Empirical Mode Decomposition with Adaptive Noise, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences , Vol. 9, (31), 2015: pp. 674-678.
- Computer aided detection of masses in digital breast tomosynthesis: A review, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Science Engineering and Technology: IEEE Digital ,2013: 186-191
- Hybrid Relaying Protocol for Joint Power and Subcarrier Allocation for OFDM Based Cognitive Radio Networks, Circuits and Systems, vol. 7, no. 10, pp.3150 -3161.(Annexure I updated list 2016) , RG Journal Impact factor: 0.33
- Automated Digital Signal Classification For Cognitive Radio Systems Using Temporal And Spectral Features, International Journal of Pharmacy & Technology, vol. 9, no.1, pp.28420-28427.(Annexure II) , 2016 RG Journal Impact factor: 0.12
- Power Allocation for OFDM Based AF Cooperative Diversity Systems Using Water Filling Algorithm in CRN, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol. 10, pp. 4627-4644.(Annexure II), 2015 RG Journal Impact factor: 0.14
- An Efficient Polarity Detecting and Reversing Technique for Thermoelectric Harvester in L-based converters, International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, Tamilnadu Mar-18
- Implementation of Constant Cycle Frequency Hopping with Generation Spur Free PWM Control Signal for Buck Regulator in FPGA, International Conference on Engineering Trends and Science & Humanities (ICETSH-2015)
- A Concurrent BIST Scheme Based on Input Vector Monitoring Using SRAM Cells, International Conference on Engineering Trends and Science & Humanities (ICETSH-2015)
- Patient Health Monitoring System Based on ZIGBEE, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Management and Computer Application, Anna University BIT Campus, Tiruchirappalli, 1& 2 April’16
- Wavelet Based Image Compression Using TSIHT Algorithm, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Communication, Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Engineering College, 29th March’15
- VLSI Implementation of Self-Repairing Digital System Based On Endocrine Cellular Communication (NCICTC’14), EASA College of Engineering and Technology, 28thFebruary-2014
- 5.High-Throughput In MIMO Wireless Communication Using Adaptive Singular Value Decomposition Engine Design Second National Conference on Innovations in Computer Technology and Communication, EASA College of Engineering and Technology, 28thFeb’14
- Wavelet Transform based SPIHT Image Compression on FPGA, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Electrical Science, Institute Of Road And Transport Technology, 27th and 28th Feb’13
- Effectual Human Authentication Using Retinal Images, National Conference on Recent Trends in Communication Computation and Security, (NCRTCCS’11)Christian College of Engineering and Technology, 11thMarch-2011
- A New Model for Service and application convergence in B3G/4G Networks, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Management and Computer Application(EMCA’11),Anna University of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, 1-2April 2011
- Wavelet Based Image Compression using TSIHT Algorithm, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Communication(NCETC’08),Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Engineering College,Perambulur,29th March 2008
- Prediction of Hypo/Hyperglycemia through System Identification, Modeling and Regularization of Ill- Posed Data , International Journal of Computer Science & Emerging Technologies (E-ISSN: 2044-6004) 171 Volume 1, Issue 4, December 2010
- Improved credit card churn prediction based on rough clustering and supervised learning techniques Cluster Computing-Springer 2017. DOI 10.1007/s10586-017-0933-1. Impact Factor: 2.04. Listed in SCI-E
- A self banking Machine with Face and finger print Recognition International Journal of Advanced Research in Management, Architecture, Technology and Engineering vol.3, Issue 2, 2017, pp.179-183. ISSN (Online) 2454-9762.
- Decision based architecture for removal of impulse noise in images , ISSRD international conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Management, 2015
- QEA and ILP techniques onto coarse grained reconfigurable architectures, National conference on Emerging Trends in communication (NCET-12). DHANALAKSHMI SRINIVASAN ENGINEERING COLLEGE, PERAMBALUR 16th March 2012
- Mapping quantum inspired evolutionary algorithm onto CGRA , National conference on Recent Trends in Computing,Image processing and Network Technologies(CONCINT-12).J.K.K. Munirajah College of Technology, Erode,24th March 2012
- Iterative joint detection for multiple access interference concellation using PS CDMA, International conference on Engineering trends and Science & Humanities(ICETSH-2015). Imayam college of Engineering ,30th March 2015
- Accurate testing of linearity in high resolution ADC with low precision DAC using BIST, International conference on Engineering trends and Science & Humanities(ICETSH-2015). Imayam college of Engineering ,30th March 2015
N.Priscilla Vilam manorathi
- Segmentation of Overlapping Cervical Cells by Multiple Level Set Functions Optimization, Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 24 (S2): 335-339, 2016 ,ISSN 1990-9233 © IDOSI Publications, 2016, DOI: 10.5829/idosi.mejsr.2016.24.S2.242
- Feature Extraction and Classification for Segmentation of Overlapping Cervical Cells by Multiple Level Set Functions Optimization, Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 24 (S2): 169-175, 2016 ,ISSN 1990-9233, © IDOSI Publications, 2016 DOI: 10.5829/idosi.mejsr.2016.24.S2.141
- Lifetime Enhancement in Wireless Sensor Network using Modified Energy Sheduling Algorithm, SSRG International Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- ( SSRG – IJECE ) – Special Issue ICCREST Mar 2019 ISSN: 2348 – 8549 DOI: 10.14445/23488549/IJECE-ICCREST-P101
- Trellis Min – Max Decoder Architecture For Non Binary LDPC Codes With High Order Galois Fields, International Journal of Research Science and Engineering, 2018.